Electrical Special SPE-1000 Inspection services in Canada
Electrical Special SPE-1000 Inspection services in Ontario, Calgary, Manitoba, Canada
SPE-1000 is referred to as a Model Code for electrical equipment that qualifies to undergo a field evaluation rather than the typical certification process for the Canadian market. A field evaluation is an efficient way to get an applicable product assessed and labeled, and therefore requires approval from a field evaluation inspector. Products that are in accordance with SPE-1000 Inspection and pass a field evaluation are then recognized as acceptable by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Which Products Qualify?
SPE-1000 Inspection is applicable in Canada for products of the following nature:
● Custom-built equipment for special applications
● Equipment manufactured on a non-repetitive basis
● Equipment sold in quantities of not more than 500 on a national basis, per model, per year, per inspection body
● Equipment not obtainable as “certified” under a regular certification program
● Equipment already installed or ready for use on-site and awaiting acceptance by the AHJ
● Complete systems or subassemblies that are all available for examination and testing during the
● Other electrical equipment as determined by the AHJ.
Which Products Do Not Qualify?
SPE-1000 Inspection service is not applicable for products of the following nature:
● Wire and cable products
● Wiring devices
● Equipment for use in hazardous locations
● Medical electrical equipment and systems
● Components* that will require further evaluation as part of a complete assembly, such as switches, relays, and timers
● Equipment connected to line voltage in excess of 46 kV
● Manlifts, elevators, climb assists and similar systems (other than their associated control panels)
● Any equipment that is not permitted to be field evaluated as directed by an AHJ (such as air-cleaning equipment that intentionally produces ozone).
Why International Testing Laboratory Inc.?
With International Testing Laboratory Inc., you do not have to wait to get your uncertified electrical products evaluated against SPE-1000. Our highly qualified field evaluation inspectors are available for next day service in order to help you get your product to market in an efficient, and enjoyable manner. We make our clients a priority, and accordingly provide special inspection services 7 days a week.
International Testing Laboratory Inc. is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) as an Inspection Body (ISO 17020).
To acquire a quotation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any additional assistance, you may reach us by phone at (778) 927-9696.