Frequently Asked Questions
INTL tests and certifies products i ntended for sale i n both Canadian and International markets, including products that fall under the Electrical, Hazardous Locations, Environmental, IP Rating, and Medical focus areas.
Although testing and certification times are estimated on a case-to-case basis, this process typically takes between 2 to 3 weeks from start to finish.
In order to get a quotation, we will require the following information:
● A general and brief product description.
● What is the usage of your product?
● Whether it is intended for indoor or outdoor use.
● Where you will be intending to sell it?
● Its electrical rating/voltage.
In order to sell any electrical products, third party certification is mandatory. International
Testing Laboratory Inc. is fully equipped to test and certify your manufactured products to the
applicable CSA/UL/IEC/EN standards.
When your product bears an International Laboratory Inc. certification mark, it is permitted to be sold in both Canadian and International markets.
Yes, International Testing Laboratory Inc. is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) as an ISO 17020 Inspection Body to conduct special inspections as per CSA SPE1000 of various electrical products and also accredited as Certification Body (ISO 17065) to provide certification services for various electrical products.
Yes, INTL provides special inspection services as per SPE-1000. Products eligible include :
● Custom-built equipment for special applications.
● Equipment manufactured on a non-repetitive basis.
● Equipment sold in quantities of not more than 500 on a national basis, per model, per year, per inspection body.
● Equipment not obtainable as “certified” under a regular certification program.
● Equipment already installed or ready for use on-site and awaiting acceptance by the AHJ.
● Complete systems or subassemblies that are all available for examination and testing
during the evaluation process.
● Other electrical equipment as determined by the AHJ.